Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's Goin' On?!

Dear friends, followers, random blog readers and the Void that is the internet:

This post suffers from ADD, I apologize in advance =)

So, a new year has begun. Happy New Year everyone, we all got to live to see year go by, we all got a new chance to make positive and sometimes much needed changes and most of all, we all got a fresh, clean, disinfected slate. This is chance to start new, to be the person you have always wanted to be. This is a chance to go to all those places you've dreamed of going to, of seeing the people you never had the time to see but wished you did and to make past mistakes right. In short, this is the chance for new beginnings, and we should all seize it. My new years' resolution? This year I am going to do my best to do what's right for me and by me, regardless of others. I don't mean that in a selfish way, I mean it in a I-will-start-to-put-myself-first-and-watch-out-for-what's-good-for-me kind of way. I will try to be fitter mentally, spiritually and physically. I will try to reconnect with my passion of reading and writing, and I will try venture out of my "bubble". It is a brand new year after all, and I want to do my best at making the best out of it.

I haven't blogged in a while, but not for lack of things to say. I have been busy with work and life. So, here are some of my updates:
* A few friends are in town, some from Canada and one from Lebanon.
* A friend is getting married at the end of the month
* Family is great
* Work is good
* Just joined the gym and will be back on that treadmill sweating it like a pig tomorrow- wish me lots of luck.

I spent NYE at home with the family, I must say, I enjoyed it. I was never a big fan of NYE parties and spending it with loved ones is all that matters. As for the friends visiting from out of town, 2 of them are old high school friends. They are both some of the closest people to me and the dearest to my heart, so it is great that I got to see them again and got to spend this much time with them. Life has been quiet, and I like it that way. I miss my sister and her kids so much though, it really gets me down if i dwell on it for too long, so I try not to. They are doing the best they can though and what is best for them. I am so proud of them for making this move, and so proud that they settled down and made friends quickly. My sister is my hero, really. She is a fighter and a survivor, and I would be lucky if I have an ounce of her strength.

Love you all loads and loads, and may this year be better than all those that went by, but not nearly as great as those to come

XoXo,

Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment