Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On Crankiness


Thanks to jet lag, this is exactly how I am feeling nowadays. I am so cranky, it is driving me insane. I'm fine until I suddenly crash. That's jet lag I suppose, you just have to wait till you are over it.

Being back is bittersweet. When I am here, I want to be there, when I 'm there, I want to be here. It is a vicious cycle and there really is no solution. I wasn't supposed to be back so soon, but one day I was up late at night and it occurred to me that it was time to move on. It wasn't an emotionally overbearing thought, just this gut feeling that made me realize that I was ready, and I was. So I called up my travel agent at 3am and changed my ticket. It was hard breaking the news to others, but I had to do whats best for me at the end of the day. 

It is good to be back though, I didn't realize how attached to the luxury this part of the world offers until I left it all behind for a couple months. Sure, it has its down-sides, and many many of those, but when it comes to the big picture it is still a pretty one.

I have so many more shattered and fragmented thoughts, I am too tired to share though. Maybe soon!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment