Monday, June 19, 2006

A thought...

Let me see... life has a weird way of sneaking up on you and slapping you in the face. Lately I feel as though life has not been exactly on my side. It just feels as though time is flying by so quickly with no intention to ever slow down. My time here is almost done, I am almost out of here. Only a few more months left and I leave the place I called "home" for the past four years and return to the place I once thought was home. I will no longer wake up and go to have coffee at my 2nd "home"- those of you who know me know exactly what coffee shop that is-. No more breakfasts, brunches, lunches or dinners with those that have become as close to me as family. No more ditching class to go watch that movie I Have been dieing to see, no more walking on the streets of this beloved city... I am leaving, it is as simple and as complicated as that.

I admit that i have always known that this day would come, but never would I have imagined it would come so soon. I remember the first day I arrived here. It was rainy day and by rainy, I mean that it was drizzling... I remember thinking that like it or not, this will have to be a place that I will be forced to live in for the net couple of years. Little did i know how accustomed I will get to it, how much I will fall in love with it and how much I will hate and dread leaving it behind. I remember crying my eyes out when my plane first landed. You see, I wanted to go to another country, another university. For some screwed up reason, I wanted to live in the only country where I would never, ever survive- Lebanon. Don't get me wrong, I love Lebanon to pieces, it is the pretentiousness and fakeness of the society that I hate. Anyways, back to my depressing subject, my home, my Montreal. Above all else, I will miss the winters. I love the winter. I love the way fresh snow glitters underneath the moonlight, i love the way it falls down from the heavens as though someone went crazy having a big pillow fight. Most of all, I love the freshness it brings and the hope for new beginnings it rekindles with every blow of air.

Ahhhh Montreal, I love you, will miss you, will never forget you and one day, shall return to your bittersweet winters, your horribly hot summers, your practically non existent springs and falls and to your hustle and bustle. For now, however, I shall be content and enjoy the remaining few months i have with you. I shall enjoy one last spring, one last summer, one last fall, one last winter. I shall enjoy one last uneven suntan, on last slip on the ice, one last performance by cirque de soleil and one last walk during a snowstorm. Until the dreadful day rolls around, I shall enjoy you...

No comments:

Post a Comment