Dear Friends, far and near;
This is going to be long and very mushy -very unlike me, but please bear with me (It's 3 am here so keep that in mind). Before giving you my blessings for the new year, I would like to share some thoughts of things I've learnt and the year gone by:
* Have a silly, 7ashkal favourite song to help raise your spirits (mine is this)
* Laugh whenever you get the chance to
* Learn to laugh at yourself
* Fall in love as often as you can. A person, a place, a thing, an animal, a thought, a prayer, whatever. Just learn to love and appreciate what is in front of you
* If you don't like something, change it. If your life isn't what you pictured it to be, change it.
* Talk about your feelings with someone, cheaper than seeing a shrink, better than popping antidepressants and being numb
* Be selfish and selfless, each in the right time and place
* Have at least one person that you can share your deepest, darkest and craziest thoughts with... it will keep you sane. (Tried and tested)
* Be kind, even if you feel like slapping/punching/seriously injuring the person in front of you
* Step outside your comfort zone; that is where the adventure that is life begins
* Try to keep the past in the past... there is no point in dwelling over what has been already said and done, Shoulda's, coulda's and woulda's are roads you do not want to go down, EVER.
* Don't let your mind over analyse. Learn to make it shut up and be quiet
* Be your best cheerleader instead of your worst critic
* Discover something new about yourself each day
* Read to enrich your soul and feed your imagination
* Sing out loud, even if you can't carry a tune and your voice is so bad it would shatter glass
* Stand up for what you believe in
* Share your knowledge, time, and material possessions
* Dance, especially to your own tune
* Be spiritual, not religious. Seek out the truth of all things and find a higher power to believe in
* Allow your imagination and your thoughts to wander, you will be surprised at where they take you
* Ask questions
* Learn to smile while your world crashes around you
* Enjoy the silence, and be comfortable with it
* Embrace chaos
* Learn to shoot a gun properly- very liberating and awesome when you manage a bullseye!
* Enjoy when you can, endure when you must
* Make friends with your inner demons
* Hold on to your memories- good or bad- for they are your greatest treasures
2011 had some very interesting twists and turns, and I personally learnt a lot. We should all attempt to learn from the heartaches, heartbreaks, headaches, boo-boos and meltdowns in order to grow as beings and flourish into what we can be. I truly believe 2011 was my year, it may have started out great and progressively got worse toward the end, but it was a great year overall.
I would not change the major events that took place in 2011. I started my masters (positive), semi-temporarily moved out (positive), got sucked into major family issues (negative), moved onto blaming America for everything (positive twist on things), and have finally embraced the fact that I am responsible for my own sanity and well being. There were more negatives than positives, but I shall not dwell on them, I choose to walk away from them. I am grateful for a lot too. I am grateful for my sister, even if I do not say it often enough. She is my rock. I am grateful for my friends, they know how insane I can be, and yet they still decide to remain in my life. Most of all, I am grateful to myself, as conceited and self involved as that sounds. I got myself this far, and I know I can get even further if I put my mind to it.
Peeps, may 2012 be a wonderful year that is filled with joy and much happiness, coupled with wealth and health. I love you all so much, I miss you all more than I will ever confess and I am very lucky to have met/known each and every one of you. I somehow managed to surround myself with purely awesome people that light up my world and make every day a little more bearable to go through.
Always remember: be as big as the sky, calm as the sea, tall as a mountain and solid as the Earth.
Happy New Year!
Love, hugs, and many, many, maaaaaaaaaaaany kisses,