Monday, January 10, 2011

I finally did it

Today, I decided to quit smoking. My last cigarette was last night and I am having such a hard time staying away from my packet and not lighting up a ciggie. I feel as though I can't breathe due to a stone lying on my chest. I went to exercise today and for the first 30 min, all I could think about was how much I seriously needed a puff. Afterward though, I was fine. I guess the craves have died down a little. It is not constantly on my mind, so that is good. Tomorrow will be a whole different day though, bringing with it a whole new struggle. If I can get through the initial 72 hours, I am sure I will be fine.

What is hard is that smoking is associated with so many memories for me, it was with me through a LOT and I will miss it. I will miss reaching toward that packet, sliding a cigarette out, putting it to my mouth, lighting the lighter and bringing it closer, closer, closer... until you hear the flame hit the cigarette... then INHALE- EXHALE. SIGH....

I also decided to quit alcohol. I know I don't drink often, but when I do drink, I binge drink. Plus alcohol makes me want to smoke and its a vicious cycle that keeps going round and round. No more cigarettes, no more alcohol and I will try my best to live healthy and get fit. I decided this is what I want for the year 2011, it is my year and I will grasp it by the horns.

But first, I have to get through 72 hours of hell... pray for me?


No comments:

Post a Comment