Monday, March 29, 2010

Annoying!

You know, I don't mind being single. I don't mind the fact that I don't have a potential someone. Most days, I really don't care. However, today... well today it got annoying.

Take a guess at how many times that particular topic came up today? Not once, not twice, not three, but four. The first was with my sister, the second with my mom and a jeweller, the third was with my friend Ran, and the fourth, was in my French class. I don't mind the topic, what I do mind is how people look at you pityingly and start trying to make you feel better - although you feel perfectly fine- by saying "oh, guys nowadays don't know what they want", "don't worry, you'll find someone", "when it happens, it happens" and, best of all "you are still young.... plenty of time!"

Like hello! Who said I'm feeling bad? and who said that I have to have someone to marry? and WHO SAID THAT I CAN'T BE CONTENT BY MYSELF?!!!!!

I know they all mean well... but it is that look that always upsets me. It's like people believe that if you are single, you must be this person that cries herself  to sleep for it every night. Newsflash people: I AM HAPPY BEING SINGLE!

Effffffffftttt

No comments:

Post a Comment