Sunday, February 7, 2010

On Star Wars

 from here.


So, for the first time in the 25 years that I have roamed this earth for, I decided to watch Star Wars. I got the movies over a month ago, but never even attempted to watch them. Then, two or three days ago, I decided to go ahead and do it. My friend Fadz said that I should watch them in the order of their release, 4,5,6,1,2,3; so I decided to take his advice on the matter.
I got all comfy and relaxed, I popped in Star Wars eps VI, because that's how it should be, right? WRONG!
I was so confused throughout the WHOLE movie, I had to turn it off and back on several times. A 2-hour movie literally took me over 6 hours to watch, and why? you might ask. Well, It is because I did not get it. I did not get anything that was going on, and the ending! I was like, wtf? why are they killing off these characters NOW. So, I was bitching and whining to Fadz, only to be told- nicely- that I am watching the WRONG one. the Roman number for 4 is IV NOT VI. So yeah.... one line on the wrong side of the V and my Star Wars experience was ruined.....
.... or so I thought! I decided to go ahead and try to watch the REAL ep. IV, so I popped it into the player and what do you know? I actually enjoyed it. It was corny and cheesy and the acting wasn't all that great. Harrison Ford is yummy to look at though, and I give them points for all the effects and everything. This WAS made in the 70's, right? So, it is an accomplishment for them to do what they did with what they had.
And so, my Star Wars experience was not ruined as I previously thought, it was actually saved, thanks to number 4. =)
Tonight I'll watch 5, and we'll see if I'll still be entertained. I bore easily and usually sequels are a bore...
May the force be with me!
=)

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaaha when u explained u watched 6 before 4 i didn't know that it was cz of a letter confusion lol

    B

    ReplyDelete