Monday, July 27, 2009

On..... some things...

As anyone who knows me can testify, math to me is absolute gibberish. It does not make sense to me. No matter how much I try, it never becomes any clearer, or easier.

I have struggled with math throughout my school years, and when I graduated high school, I was glad that I would never have to deal with areas, perimeters, medians, means, probabilities, percentages or anything else. I thought that my life would finally be free of that and that any math I might encounter, would be solved using a calculator. I could not have been more wrong.

For the past 2 months, I have been slaving over a math refresher book, trying to understand and grasp it so that when I started my GMAT revision, I would be ready. Turns out, I SUCK! Seriously, I feel so stupid and thick at the moment. I do not have the logic required for solving the problems. Sure, I have logic, give me any topic and I will dissect it and find all the pros and cons for it. What I do not possess, is the mathematical logic required to attach a problem and solve it.

Sometimes, I think, it is because deep down I do not want to go on and do my MBA's. I am still unsure of what I want to be when I grow up, hehehehe. Seriously, I do not know wether it is something I am truly interested in or not. I only want to do it because it is my ticket out of here. Other than that, I do not care. Do not get me wrong, I want to advance my career, and it would be nice to go into an interview and not be asked "so, why did you choose poli sci? you do know that there is no market for it here, no?". It would also be nice, i suppose, if some peope stop inorming me that my degree was a waste of time and money, and that I would have been better off not going to uni if that was the degree I would get.

Maybe it is because I am approaching the GMAT, and subsequently, the MBA's for the wrong reason.. I do not know. What I do know is that, math depresses me...

No comments:

Post a Comment