Sunday, May 13, 2007

Yet another one for the books...

Anyone get the feeling that we are trying to outdo everyone else by the way we go around things in this country. i remember when they backed the world's longest or biggest cake a few years back. I remember the tallest skyscraper in the middle east- whose record was broken shortly afterwards-, I remember the world's first 7 star hotel (Burj Al-Arab) which has been demoted to a 6star now, I remember another 7-star hotel (Emirates Palace)... and now? Hahaha... now, they have an auction selling "special license plate numbers". Know what is officially the most expensive number in the world? I'll tell you. It is the number 5. Yes, darlings. It is 5. Know how much it was sold for? I'll tell you... it went for 25.2 million Durhams. Let me do the math for you and tell you what its equivalent to:

25,200,000.00 AED

=

6,861,063.46 USD


25,200,000.00 AED

=

7,616,809.605 CAD


25,200,000.00 AED

=

5,072,692.967 EUR

I understand it is for a good cause and all... but seriously!!!! Isn't it better to just give the money anonymously, or drop it off without getting a number that would give you instant preferential treatment because it is automatically assumed that you are a VIP??

If you would like to read the details of the event, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment