Thursday, February 11, 2010

On =)

I do not know when it happened, or even how for that matter. I am so confused about this sudden change that I freak out whenever I catch myself doing anything about it. What is this change, you might ask?

Well, after 3 years of living out here, and hating it, I am nesting. I am fixing up my room- I refused to do that earlier as that meant that my stay here was permanent. I am de-cluttering my life, this not only includes material possessions, but also mental ones, and in general, I am moving on with my life. I am also baking cookies, muffins that turned out salty and I even made grilled Salmon! The cookies were a hit, the Salmon was a-OK and the muffins I am never attempting again....

So, back to my point: I am at a healthy mental state. Am I happy? No, I do not think I will ever go back to being totally and genuinely happy. It has been too long since that took place. However, I am content. I am fine with being where I am at the moment. Although, where I happen to be right now seems to be one of the "happy" places on Earth (see pic below). Maybe its the positive vibes, eh?

No, I didn't think so.... but, somehow, I feel as though I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life. Maybe I am mistaken, but lets see how this goes for now.

So, I am nesting. Fixing up my room so I no longer feel like a refugee. Fixing up my cupboards so I no longer have a hard time finding anything, and defiantly, no longer living out of suitcases.I am becoming domesticated. It feels weird, this change.... a good kind of weird.


Click on pictures to enlarge them. From Here and Here respectively.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really good thing. You are dealing with it really well. I think it's the fact that you came to visit that made it easier and maybe you'll be ablle to visit again :D. Chapeau bas for the cookies and muffins you should send me a batch ;).

    B

    ReplyDelete