Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On wishes and Gods...

When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
  - Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde had it right. How many times did you wish for something, and it only happened at the time you least expected it, or least wanted it? How many times did that what you wished for occur just in time to flip your world upside down and turn it inside out? Better yet, how many times did a granted prayer really and irrevocably screw up your life?

Yes, it has happened to me so many times now, I have lost count. Sometimes, that which I prayed for was such a silly thing, but once it was granted, it was clear that its effects were seriously harmful. From getting the O'level and SAT scores I wanted, to the university I wanted, to the boy I wanted... If I got it, then chances are it never ended well...

C'est la vie, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment