Saturday, November 21, 2009

It has been a while...

... and no, I haven't forgotten about my blog.

Thing is, I really don't have much to blog about. I have been busy making some changes to my lifestyle, i.e. changes that actually have to do with me, me and only me. I thought it was about time I started looking out for myself and after myself. No one else will do it for me, right?

What are those changes, you might ask? Well, I am now minimizing any contact with people who will just bring negative vibes into my life. I am negative enough, and I no longer want to handle any more negativity. I am also going to the gym more often, not to get thin but to get healthy. I have cut back on my ciggie smoking and am now more active overall. At night, I turn off ALL electronics, which sadly and most importantly also includes my cell phone. The first couple of nights were rough, but now I think I sleep better because of it. No blinking lights of phone calls, or the faint pings and tings of sms's, bbm's or e-mails waking me up at all hours of the night. I have relinquished control and I am adamant on finally getting my sleep pattern to work out. I do not want to be an insomniac any more... it is draining me. I am trying a more zen-like approach to life where I will just let it be. Whatever will happen, is bound to happen and there is no use worrying about the past or the future. I can not change the past, only learn from it, and as for the future... well, there is nothing I can do about that either. I have decided to let my life unravel. I jumped on the train and now I am going to try and enjoy this ride it is taking me on. So far, its frightining, but that is a good thing, I hope.

So that is what I have been up to. I have been busy focusing on me, and I think that after 25 years of living on this earth, it is about time I do that.

= )

No comments:

Post a Comment