Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Off for a few weeks


I'm traveling tomorrow, and therefore, this blog will not be updated for a while.

You know, the one thing I always have with me when I travel is a big book. It has to be big because I do not have the space to carry a few books, so it has to last. It has to be non-fiction, because I like to feel like I'm not just wasting the time away. Vacation time is a good time to embrace history and its reality and maybe learn from it. Also, it has to be paperback. I really do not understand the fascination with hardback book covers. They make it bulky and heavy. You can't just sit and read it anywhere. Your hands get tired and eventually, you stop.

So, after careful consideration and much deliberation, I picked Mein Kampf (Hitler's "baby"). As a poli sci graduate, I am ashamed to admit that I never read it. I was looking for a good, decent translation. I do not want to read something that does not represent it properly. So, I got one that comes highly recomended, and I plan to read it through. Hopefuly, I will finish it before I get back, but if I didn't, then that would mean that I am having way too much fun and not enough time to read. So, we will see how it goes.

As I was saying before my ADD kicked in, I will be MIA for a few weeks, so check in after July 10th for new posts.

Missing you all already.

Bisous!

P.S.

B, Happy Birthday hun! I'll call you soon as I land.
C, I'll miss our videocalls!
Tar, wa ashra7 laha, 3an 7alati... I blame you for getting that stuck in my head
Fads, I think I finally found you a codename, you like? Honestly?
Anj, where are you and what are you doing? You went * poof * and disappeared

No comments:

Post a Comment