Thursday, May 14, 2009

My dream just deflated...

=(

Some annoying scientists disproved the theory that vampires can and are, in fact, roaming amongst us.

According to them, "Assume that the first vampire appeared on January 1, 1600. At that time, according to data available at the U.S. Census website, the global population was 536,870,911. Efthimiou and Gandhi calculate that, once the Nosferatu feeding frenzy began, the entire human race would have been wiped out by June 1602 (thus forever changing the course of history by preventing the invention of the slide rule eighteen years later).

Obviously, I have no idea wat the slide rule is. Actually, I'll Google it.

So, according to wikipedia "The slide rule, also known colloquially as a slipstick,[1] is a mechanical analog computer. The slide rule is used primarily for multiplication and division, and also for "scientific" functions such as roots, logarithms and trigonometry, but does not generally perform addition or subtraction"

Umm... what does this have to do with vampires, i have no idea. However, I'm sure a scientist bent on ruining my hopes will

For the full article in question, click here.

Know what? That sucks. Why can't they just leave our fantasies alone? Seriously! They ruined my day for me. If vampires can be disproved, then that means that soon they will also find a way to disprove mutants and people with superpowers. There goes my hope for gaining one in the future. I had my hopes pinned on one where I can travel through time and space.... Hell, even one where I can manipulate my metabolism rate would be good... or even one where I can fly, or... well, you get the idea.

Btw, if ANYONE dares to suggest that my superpower should be an increase in my memory recalling abilities, I will lash out. Don't mess with me today...
Meh....


=( =( =(

No comments:

Post a Comment