Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Random quotes...

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.
- Michel de Montaigne

All human beings should try to learn before they die what they are running from, and to, and why.
- James Thurber

No one means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous.
- Henry Adams

This is the way of peace: "Overcome evil with good, falsehood with truth, and hatred with love." - Peace Pilgrim

Is repetitive action virtuous action? If behaviour and conduct are merely repetitive processes then all human relationships actually cease. If I behave mechanically every day, - repeating a certain code of conduct which I have learnt, which I find profitable, or which is pleasant, repeating that over and over again, - my relationship with you ceases, completely - I have become a machine.
- J. Krishnamurti

What a pity, when Christopher Colombus discovered America, that he ever mentioned it.
- Margot Asquith

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
- Philip K. Dick

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

All the lessons of history in four sentences:
Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad with power.
The mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly small.
The bee fertilizes the flower it robs.
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
- Charles A. Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment